Marble Painting with Aqua Pigments - Brutus Monroe

 

How to quickly create a mixed media background for artist trading cards using a marble painting technique and Brutus Monroe Aqua Pigment liquid color.

Hi! I'm sharing a fun painting technique for Brutus Monroe today. I used marbles dipped in Aqua Pigment to roll color onto pieces of cardstock to create a fun background for my artist trading cards. I used removable adhesive to stick blank card bases onto a piece of 8.5x11 cardstock, which I then placed in a shallow box. I dropped the pigment covered marbles into the box and tilted the box back and forth, letting the marbles apply the color. I reapplied color to the marbles once to create the backgrounds shown above. This technique is so much fun. Check out my Instagram Reel for a quick how-to video!

I topped the cards with a layered sentiment that I created using the Hello Butterfly Cutting Die Set with white and mirror cardstock. I love the shimmer of the mirror cardstock! It adds a nice shine to an otherwise matte design.

This fun technique is easily adaptable for card bases and scrapbook layouts.

Brutus Monroe Supplies:
BRU4509 Alabaster Cardstock
BRU7042-2 Hello Butterfly Cutting Die Set
BRU1041 Cranberry Aqua Pigment
BRU5399 Linen Aqua Pigment
BRU3754 Sage Aqua Pigment
BRU4082-2 Foam Easy Squares
Tonic Studios Purple Rain Craft Perfect Iridescent Mirror Cardstock

Other Supplies: Brown Dye Ink: Ranger; Marbles

Pin It!

How to quickly create a mixed media background for artist trading cards using a marble painting technique and Brutus Monroe Aqua Pigment liquid color.


Comments