New Year New Hair Scrapbook Layout - Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L

New Year Everyday Scrapbook Layout Created with Christmas Patterned Papers


Hi! I'm sharing a layout that I created for Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L today. There, I share my tips for using Christmas collections to scrapbook everyday events. The holidays may be over, but I'm not ready to pack away my Christmas collections just yet! I always feel like I didn't get enough time with them during the busy holiday season. The timeless prints that are present in many Christmas collections make them perfect for documenting everyday moments.

I used the Snow is Glistening Seasonal Series Clique Kit for this page. The festive My Mind's Eye Yuletide collection is a fantastic mix of modern and traditional holiday patterns and imagery. Buffalo plaid, leaves, and birds are some of my favorite prints to use all year long. By neutralizing the color palette and being selective on which pieces of the collection I added to my design, I was able to easily use this patterned paper for a new year layout.

Before and After Haircut Photos Elevated with Crafty Foam Tape on a Scrapbook Layout

Both of my daughters and me started the new year with a haircut. We feel so ready to tackle whatever 2020 may bring with a fresh look. I attached the before and after photos of my daughters to the layout using Black Crafty Foam Tape. I wanted to add a shiny element to my design, so I used gold puffy letters for my title (non-kit item).

Large Black Tag with 2020 Number Stickers and Green Ribbon

I needed a way to neutralize the color palette to make these patterned papers feel less seasonal. I decided to subtract the red berries on the ledger paper by covering them with a large tag (non-kit item) and some green leaves cut from the same ledger patterned paper. Green is my favorite color, so I played it up by adding green ribbon to the tag. The foam numbers pair nicely with the black and white buffalo check on the other half of the page.

Inspiring New Year Journaling Quote with Die-cut Blue Birds on a Scrapbook Layout

The large blue bird is printed on the ledger paper. I love blue as an accent color. I decided to add a second blue bird to the page. The smaller bird was part of the die-cut embellishments from the collection. Lastly, I added some journaling, which I am trying to incorporate in my work more, even if it is only a sentence or two.

There is still so much left in this fantastic kit. In addition to this layout, I created a Christmas layout and multi-page art journal spread with the kit. CLICK HERE to see those projects. (Also included in that post is a fun tutorial for how to create paper pieced embellishments from coloring book pages.)

I have a nice pile of red paper and embellishments on my desk, so I'm thinking that this kit could stretch well into February for some love themed projects. I hope you'll come back to see them!

Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Supplies:
Crafty Foam Tape Black
E-Z Runner® Grand Permanent Dots Refill
E-Z Runner® Grand Refillable Dispenser

Other Supplies: Cardstock (American Crafts); Patterned Paper and Die-Cuts (My Mind's Eye); Tag (Graphic 45); Gold Letters (Pinkfresh Studio); Foam Numbers (American Crafts); Ribbon (Clique Kits); Pen (American Crafts)

Pin It!

How to Use Christmas Paper Collections for Everyday Scrapbooking

Comments

  1. Their hair looks FABULOUS!!! I love this! LOVING that ribbon and the color scheme!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic, Dana! Beautiful colors and design. I've always loved your creative style. I can't believe how big the girls are getting. Hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Vicki! The girls are great. Time is really flying by. I can't believe that I have a teenager in the house!

      Delete

Post a Comment