Going Green - Your Memories Here

Green St. Patrick's Day Card

It's Friday, which means I'm sharing a project created for Your Memories Here. I'm going green in preparation for St. Patrick's Day. Green is my favorite color, but is greatly underrepresented in my scrap supplies. With the help of some Alcohol Ink, Distress Ink, Distress Stickles and Glimmer Mist, I was able to change my white and clear embellishments to wonderful shades of green.

How to Dye Rhinestones and Pearls with Alchol Ink by Dana Tatar

It's easy to change the color of rhinestones and pearls with Ranger's Alcohol Ink. Using an acrylic block, or other non-absorbent surface, squeeze a small amount of Alcohol Ink onto your work surface and apply to the rhinestones and pearls with a Q-tip. Note: I used Alcohol Ink in Lettuce to color the embellishments shown in the photo.

How to Dye Glass Gems with Alchol Ink by Dana Tatar

Alcohol Ink can also be used to color Dew Drops. Simply place the desired amount of Dew Drops into a plastic bag, add a couple of drops of Alcohol Ink and shake the bag until the Dew Drops are evenly coated. Remove the wet Dew Drops from the plastic bag to dry.

How to Color Lace with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist by Dana Tatar

Lace and ribbon absorb mist well. It only took a few pumps of mist to color my lace. Try using more than one color of mist for a one-of-a-kind color.

How to Create A Watercolor Background with Dye Ink by Dana Tatar

Distress Inks are fun to work with and a great way to add color to white cardstock. I used Distress Ink in Peeled Paint, Shabby Shutters, Evergreen Bough and Pine Needles to color my cardstock.

How to Create A Watercolor Background with Distress Ink by Dana Tatar

Randomly press the ink pads onto a craft mat and then spritz with water. Lay the cardstock over the ink and swirl the cardstock around until the entire piece is colored.

Distress Ink Watercolor Background by Dana Tatar

This is what my cardstock looked like once it was dry.

How to Color Buttons with Distress Stickles by Dana Tatar

Distress Stickles not only add a pop of color to any project, but also some fabulous shine.

How to Apply Distress Stickles to Buttons by Dana Tatar

I used Distress Stickles in Forest Moss, Bundled Sage and Crushed Olive to color my buttons.

Green St. Patrick's Day Card

Here is the card that I created with my new green embellishments. I decided to add some texture to my cardstock and used my Cuttlebug and Swiss Dots embossing folder. The green "Princess Petal" is handmade. If you missed my tutorial, you can see how I made the flower by following this LINK. I usually forget that I can custom color my embellishments to suit my needs. If you are the same way, I hope that this post has served as a fun reminder of what your color mediums can do for you. You can pick up Alcohol Ink, Distress Ink, Glimmer Mist and Distress Stickles in a variety of colors from the Your Memories Here Store.

Supplies: Cardstock: Recollections; Lace, Leaves, Pearls, Rhinestones: Prima; Dew Drops: The Robin's Nest; Netting: Webster's Pages; Stickers: Little Yellow Bicycle; Alcohol Ink, Distress Ink: Ranger; Mist: Tattered Angels; Swiss Dots Embossing Folder: Provocraft; Tool: Cuttlebug; Other: Tulle

Pin It!

How to Color Embellishments with Alcohol Ink by Dana Tatar


Comments

  1. Lovin' all the green and how you used so many different ways to change your bellies up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana, I love you page. I love the way you have colored the dew drops and the buttons. Thanks for sharing this//Carina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Love the color. Thx for the coloring tips too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dana I love this I like your style well done this turned out beautiful with all those fab colours,
    I am following Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment