Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Bird Joy Mixed Media Board - Tando Creative

Bird Joy Mixed Media Board by Dana Tatar for Tando Creative

Hi! I'm sharing a mixed media board for the Color theme this week on the Tando Creative Design Blog. I had a lot of fun with the Nathalie Kalbach Fashion Dame Stamp Set, the Nathalie Kalbach Bird Stamp Set, the DecoArt Media Line, and Stampendous Spoonful of Silver.

I started this piece by coloring the edge of a Mixed Media Board with a black paint pen and the top of the board with a layer of DecoArt White Gesso. I painted solid areas of color using DecoArt paint. Once the paint was dry, I stamped the foam bird image onto the board using black pigment ink.

Bird Mixed Media Board by Dana Tatar with Acrylic Paint, Stamping, and Embossing


To brighten the design I added splatters of DecoArt Primay Yellow Acrylic Paint and some doodles with a white marker. To dress up the background I used the trouser stamp from the Fashion Dame Stamp Set with blue pigment ink to add a lined design around the bird. I then sprinkled on Spoonful of Silver over the ink and applied heat to set. I highlighted the small ovals on the wing and the eye of the bird with DecoArt Liquid Glass. I finished this board with a Dymo tape lyrics from the new Big Wreck song "You Don't Even Know."


If this piece looks familiar, I lifted the design from another mixed media board I created, which you can find HERE.

You can find the chipboard I used for this project, and a wonderful selection of DecoArt and Stampendous products, in the Tando Creative Retail Store. We'd love to see your creativity! Share your work with us in Tando's Creative Zone on Facebook.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the quote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete