Mandala Mirror Patio Décor - Creative Embellishments

 

Lotus Flower and Sun Dot Paint Mandala Mirror Patio Décor

Hi! I'm sharing a patio décor project for Creative Embellishments that was a lot of fun to paint. All you need to create a stunning piece of art for the home is one (or more) of the Creative Embellishments laser cut wood designs and some acrylic paint. I used the Mandala 2 and Lotus Mandala and simple acrylic paint techniques to add color to these wood designs. After I painted the wood pieces I glued them to mirrors to create colorful décor pieces to hang on my covered patio.

How to Color a Laser Cut Wood Sun with Acrylic Paint

I started brushing on acrylic paint from the center of the piece to the outer edge, following the designs cut into the wood. I thought this mandala look like the sun, so I chose a warm color palette.

Laser Cut Wood Sun with Acrylic Dot Paint Technique

Once the doily was painted, I used the end of my paintbrush handle to add contrasting dots of acrylic paint to the piece. This is a simple way to add more detail to the wood. Don't worry about trying to make each dot perfect. No two dots are alike on my piece and it still looks fabulous!

How to Color a Laser Cut Wood Lotus Flower with Acrylic Paint

I used exactly the same process to color this awesome Lotus Flower Mandala. I chose colors to coordinate with the rug I have on my patio.

Laser Cut Wood Lotus Flower with Acrylic Dot Paint Technique

Once the paint was dry I used Gorilla Glue to secure the wood mandalas to 12-inch mirrors. I let the glue dry for 24 hours and then used 12-inch plate hangers to secure them to the walls of my patio.

Peacock Inspired Dot Paint Mandala Mirror Patio Décor

I also mounted the peacock inspired mandala I painted last month to a mirror, so I have a trio of hand-painted mirrors to catch the sunlight. If you'd like more details on how I painted this mandala CLICK HERE.

I'm thrilled with the finished result of these mirrors! It feels great to create something one-of-a-kind for my home. Check out all the designs in the Home Décor Section of the Creative Embellishments Store for more great home décor items.

Creative Embellishments Supplies:
Mandala 2
Lotus Flower Mandala

Other Supplies: Acrylic Paint: DecoArt; 12-inch Mirrors; 12-inch Plate Hangers; Gorilla Glue

Pin It!

Lotus Flower and Sun Dot Paint Mandala Mirror Patio Décor


Comments