Top 9 Projects of 2020

 

Dana Tatar Top Nine Projects of 2020

Hi! I'm sharing my Top 9 projects from 2020 today. I love to look back on the year to see what my followers liked the most and to see how they compare to my favorite projects. Thank you all for sticking with me for another year! I definitely appreciate the likes and comments. I created more mini albums and artist trading cards this year. I really had a lot of fun creating art in all sizes. The work shown above was created for Clique International and More Than Words Challenges. I used products from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L on everything I created this year. I am so grateful for the manufacturers and shops that help me support my crafty lifestyle!

If you missed any of the projects shown above, click on the links below for more information.

Quilled Wild Flower Envelope AlbumI created this album using the Quilling For Scrapbookers Kit and the Carta Bella patterned papers from the Hope Base Kit for Clique International today. I am a tactile crafter. I absolutely love the feel of paper in my hands. If you haven't tried quilling, which involves rolling thin strips of paper into coils and pinching them into designs, I highly recommend it!

Dogs Only Mini Album July is International Pet Photo Month and I had a super fun time putting together this album using pictures of my sweet basset hound Peach. I used the Bella Blvd Cooper Add-On Kit and the Newton's Nook Woof Add-On Kit from Clique International for this project.

Rainbow Glass Bead Gel Artist Trading CardsI share the tutorial for how to create this glittery glass bead gel background. The tiny glass spheres create an amazing luminosity when exposed to light and add a wonderful texture that you can both see and feel. To add to the shimmery effect, I applied metallic and glitter gold acrylic paint to the base of the cards. The sparkle on the background of these cards is absolutely fantastic! This mixed media technique only requires a few simple steps to produce amazing results.

Old Friends Vintage Home Scrapbook LayoutI created this layout for the More Than Words June Main Challenge, which offered HELLO as the word inspiration and DOORS AND WINDOWS as the creative challenge. Walking into our current house for the first time nearly 2 years ago was like saying HELLO to an old friend. We immediately felt a connection to the space. Our house was built in 1928 and we fell in love with the old wood DOORS and WINDOWS, which are just a few of its many charms. We are enjoying uncovering its secrets and are slowly making it our home.

Max and Me Scrapbook LayoutI used an old photo of myself and my first dog, Max, from the early 1980's for this layout, plus some fantastic kits from Clique International. I combined the Color Me Happy Clique Sampler Kit and Add-On with the Over The Rainbow Clique Base Kit to create this feel good page.

Gratitude JournalI had never documented the month of November outside of my Project Life albums before this project. I am grateful for so much in my life, and filled these pages using products from Donna Salazar, Clique International, and Creative Embellishments.

Hi Artist Trading CardI created this artist trading card for the More Than Words June 2020 Mini Challenge. I'm usually inspired by song lyrics or poetry for my artist trading cards, and I have to admit that the mini word HI threw me for a loop. I couldn't come up with any verse that uses the word, so I used it by itself. I thought the word went well with the background patterned paper I chose which repeats the message P.S. I Love You.

Harmony in the Nest Scrapbook LayoutI created this layout for the More Than Words April Main ChallengeThe main challenge word that month was EVERYDAY and the creative challenge was BUGS and BIRDS. I try my best to enjoy the beauty of nature everyday. I can usually spot a bird nest on my daily walk. It is not EVERYDAY that I see a hummingbird nest. I had to document this special find, which happened during the excursion I took while vacationing in the Dominican Republic. I used patterned papers that featured BUGS and BIRDS on this page. I just love things with wings!

Wood Block Bird ArtI created this piece of upcycled art using the beautiful Wind Beneath My Wings Limited Edition Kit from Clique International. The Don't Throw Me Away post series is focused on recycling, repurposing, and reducing waste as we create. I had a lot of fun repurposing materials for this project!

I'm looking forward to a creative 2021! I hope you join me in my creative journey.

Comments